In his resigantion letter to President Kagame dated April 4, 2005, Theogene Rudasingwa stated the following;
1.He joined the RPF because ” a just cause was adequte to make one stake one’s life.”
2. Over a million innocent lives perished “in the last days of an evil regime.”
3. “My lifetime pledge is that never through me would this country come to harm.”
4. ” Mr. President, I MIGHT have fallen short of your expectations.”
5. “My new found calling and passion is in serving God, academic pursuits and playing an advocacy role in global concerns of peace and prosperity.”
6. ” I do not intend to undertake, now or in the future, any political or government responsibilities.”
7. ” I would like to request Your Excellency to discharge me from military obligations as a Major in the Rwanda Defence Forces.”
TRUTH v FICTION:
1. Rudasingwa, along with his group now seek(s) to destroy the just cause he fought for.
2. The evil regime he fought, he now praises in “Rwanda Briefing” – same regime that kept him in exile for decades.
3. He swore never to plot against his country: his full time occupation presently.
4. Rudasingwa thinks he “MIGHT” have fallen short of the President’s expectations ! Vanity is no virtue. NO, YOU HAVE COMMITTED THE CARDINAL SIN: BETRAYAL OF YOUR COUNTRY IS TREASON.
5. Dedicated to serving God now : Using God’s name in vain. Rudasingwa is no candidate for purgatory.
6. The man’s word is worthless : he promised to leave politics alone, but now, along with the Gang of Four, Rudasingwa, and the FDLR seek to violently change the democratically elected government of Rwanda.
7. Rudasingwa asked for permission to leave the RDF. Never got the permission, and for this, he has been sentenced to 24 years in jail, and is on the run.
UKURI GUCA MUZIKO NTIGUSHYA.